Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
teenage son

My son just started 9th grade (4 days now to be exact). Before he even took the entrance exam and register to this private school that we know is the best for him, a lot of his former friends and classmates was telling him that this school has a different approach of teaching and all the subject are hard, with lots of homework everyday and lots of writing to do, so what happened was, i think it stays on his mind that this school is gonna give him a hard time. Well, he is pretty smart(got good grades since he was a kid) but since the first day of school he already told me that its hard and they don't really understand what the teachers are teaching them, that the teachers are just writing on the board and gave them quiz without explaining and so on.
I explained to him that this is the first day of school and not to worry because as days pass by, he'll get it and will adjust to it.
My concern is that, I can feel that he's troubled because every morning he's having an upset stomach, and i know that you feel this if your worried or something... can you help me how to handle this and how can i help him, i talked to him everynight and our conversation has so many "but" coming from his side and will end ok, i think. I feel that he is not alright.

Please help.

Bonnet