Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Obstinate and Whining Child

Hi,
I wanted to tell about the problematic behavioral pattern my 7 year old nephew has developed and which is driving ever one crazy. He is a whining child and uses whining as a tool to get what he likes and as he likes. If he wants something he will keep bugging you for hours even days till he get the thing he wanted.
I think he has become quite adept and know the fact that if he constantly keep saying and crying for the thing he want his parent will, to get rid of his whining will do want he wants. He also remembering different thing which he didn’t get before and if he come to you to get something new and if you deny it then he will say OK get me the previous thing I was asking.

He has a Play Station on which he play games but if has a game CD with him and he want to install it in his father’s computer. Whatever you say to him, like, this computer is not for games, you have a Play Station go and play with it he never listens, till he gets the CD installed.

If his father takes him and his younger sister out to buy them some toffees or snack he always after what his younger sister has. Even though, they both have the same thing with same quantity. He is sort of never happy . He stammers also.

We have tried all the way to make him understand that this is not the way to behave, but is no use. Do you ppl have any advise for this sort of behavioral problem.

Re: Obstinate and Whining Child

forgive me because I keep posting this same reply.
He is whining because it is the method, that he has found, that will get him what he wants, period.
PLEASE have faith, and try watching the videos called, 123 Magic. I forgot the name of the guy who made them because I borrowed them from the school district resources. Tape one is for "Start Behavior" (like, Start doing what I ask of you) And tape two is for "Stop Behavior" (like, stop whining)
Whining is a form of Badgering you...to death! I was sceptical, but I implemented the videos "method of cooperation attainment" And all 4 of my Boys actually love it! And comply! It is a Win/Win situation for Me and my Kids! The results on the videos is what I experienced!!! I couldnt believe it! I have a method that is simple, consistently DO-ABLE, and positive! Please have faith and just try it. Mabey Amazon.com would have them. 123 Magic!

Re: Re: Obstinate and Whining Child

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. Fortunately, I found the video you were referring to in the local library collection. I will watch it myself and with my sister and will implement it.
Hopefully, I will get back to this forum with a postive note.

Thanks