Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: right age for sleepover???

Thank you for your insights, yes, we do visit and my child loves her grandparents, I am just nervous that a week is a long time to be away and not be able to come home since this is a business trip if she does get bored. Having multiple people care for her is a good idea.....thanks!

Re: Re: right age for sleepover???

You are welcome, and very lucky to have a suppotive network of people around you! I hope it all works out for you!

Re: right age for sleepover???

It sounds like you have the most ideal situation available for you! Loving grandparents, and not a stranger. Consistent, and more frequently occuring visits, especially right before the "big sleepover" is great emotional preperation for your child. I agree with the other reply, which recommended doing some mini sleepovers right before, to get the child used to it, and EASE YOUR NERVES! Because I believe this is much harder for you, than it will be for your child. Call your child here and there, like in the morning, or right before bedtime for him/her to hear your affirmative tone, during your trip mabey? I would have to refer to Nanny 911 archives to see if thats ok though.