Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2 year old won't eat!

Have you spoken with his pediatrician? Is your child 'drinking' calories? (juices instead of water, for example)

Re: Re: 2 year old won't eat!

He does drink a lot, although I do dilute his juice so its really only flavoured water. The Health visitor was no help at all.

hi i just wanted to let you know that your not alone with this i have a daughter who will be 3 in december and am having the same problems with her. it has been going on for nearly a year now and we have been from one doctor to the next only to be told that its normal for a 2 year old to be picky. i dont think it is and like you i am worried about her. she will not eat any fruit or vegetables if i try to force her she will vomit i have to force her to eat she would be happy not to eat at all so i understand your worries. so my advice is keep pushing the professionals to give you an answer like im going to dont be told its normal when we both no its not maybe when more people come forward they might make a diognosis and then hopefully something to fix it good luck to you keep trying

let him help make the food ,cut his food into different shapes,it takes a little bit mor time but it could help it worked with my yr old.if noyhing else try those shakes for kids who r not getting enough nutr. they r at the grocery store.they always told me she will eat when she is hungry hope this helps