Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Terrified of Childbirth

Hi,

Epidural! Is all I can say really it is a wonderful drug and you can't feel a thing! I had an extremly difficult labour with my son who was only 6lbs 11 the only way I got through it was by having several epidurals. I vowed never to go through it again but he is so wonderful and worth every moment of pain that I am desperately trying to have a brother or sister for him.

We are women at the end of the day we are made for having babies and will move the earth for our children.

Go for it!

talk to your doctor.........there's a blue moon list of options out there - - lamaze breathing classes, etc. having a baby is a beautiful thing - - i've had 5 and ALL of them were different - - my third child came so fast that i almost had her on the way to the hospital (not much pain at all) - - but on the other hand, my 4th child caused me to ask for mass quanitities of drugs.......(they work.....smile).

I had a baby a week or so before my 40th birthday 11 years ago, which was a forceps birth - I think at my age I was too tired to push.
I found the pain relief given (morphine, I think I had) very effective. Also go to any classes beforehand because I also found the breathing exercises help. There are also epidurals. I had a local anaesthetic when it was decided I had to have a forceps delivery and I think mentally managed to take myself out of it. You could also try hypnosis which I think can be effective.
Know something though, I was fully dilated before I had any pain relief and it was not so terribly bad. You could feel the same.... all the best with it.