Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sticker charts

hello, does anyone use a sticker chart as a means of encouraging good behaviour? i would like to use one for my 3 year old son but don't really know the best way to do it. How long is an acceptable length of time to behave before a sticker is issued? what happens if the good, stickered, behaviour is followed by bad (in the same sticker period)? and how many stickers should one give before rewarding further? All hints and tips gratefully received!
Becky

Re: sticker charts

Hi Becky if you try the sticker charts on the website you get detailed instructions on best use with the stickers. Click on link or cut and paste into browser:

http://www.practicalparent.org.uk/Reward%20Charts.html

All the best

Andy

Re: Re: sticker charts

thanks for the website.....this was a good one. The stickers system worked for my children when they were younger - - but then the got too old to appreciate stickers (about age 9) - - i started using poker chips - - had a jar for each child and awarded them different levels (represented by the different color chips) of a reward - - then at the end of week or every two weeks (my pay day) - - i'd buy back their chips (cash them in)........