Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Siblings

Thanks for your reply! My younger one does play the victim sometimes but I usually respond to her crying and complaining about her sisiter with what did you do and she will tell me what she did first to either instigate the situation. I think when children are being hurt whether it is pushed or shoved, that does need to be handled, and usually there is some cry of "MOMMY" and tears. My girls definitely don't fight the way my brother and I did that's for sure!

I tend to be sensitive towards the older one since she is 12 and reaching that age where they like a little space. My younger one can play the victim but she never get very far with that. In fact she is very quick to cry but she is also quick to apologize.

It's typical sibling stuff and I know that but it is still difficult at times. Like I said in my post it really has effected me even as an adult the things my own brother said to me. I listen to country music and tear up everytime I hear Reba McEntire's "My Sister". It's a great song and that's what I really want for my own daughters, someone to be their friend for life. I will continue to work on just letting things be....

Amy