Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
no control of 2 year old

I really need advice about my two year old who is out of control and i do not know how i should check her.It is mainly when we are in the house with her sisters she runs around wild shouting ,screaming she is having fun but she is so loud all the time.If i shout at her she laughs like i am playing a game at her sometimes if i shout she repeats to me what i have said then starts laughing and shouting again.If i put her in her room she shouts even louder and kicks the door or chucks things at wall.i am really desprate for advice before it gets alot worse.

Re: no control of 2 year old

First, it sounds like you have a lively energetic child who, like most children, see the world as a playground. She assume that everything is play and loves life. That's all good. Don't put her in her room. She has no way of knowing why you do that. She will just hate you and feel worthless over time. No reason to punish her for being loud and full of life.

Second: Read some good parenting books and take some advice on how to care for a high energy child. There are lots of good books, CDs, and advice out there. Parenting is tough and we shouldn't assume that we naturally know how to do it. We don't. Read, listen, learn. www.AuthenticParent.com has some great CDs about Toddlers. Also a great book. Amazon has those too.

Find a way for her to have outlets so she isn't bursting with a need to be loud and bouncy all the time. Also, check the Fingold diet. Some kids are bouncing off the walls from allergies to wheat, milk, soy, preservatives, sugar etc.

I hope these ideas help.