Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
jane
my 5yr old worrier!!
my boy is at school now and his teacher told me he worries too much! I've always been aware of this as he won't do things on his own ie: go upstairs to the loo, go to sleep ( although we bought him a fantastic slide bed for his birthday and I'm now in my bedroom as h...
Views: 381   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 12:39pm
by jane
r
Ritz
My 6 year old son's behaviour
Hi! Just wanted to look for some advice or suggestions in regards to my son's recent changes in his behaviour. My wife had recently left our home to move on as she had put it and left the children under my care. At first, I had told both my 6 year old son and 4 year...
Views: 235   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 8:59am
by ritzalfalfamia
table manners 12 years old!
having tried to encourage table manners from little, i am now having problems with my 12 year old son. we do try to eat as a family at least 5 -6 times a week and it is turning into a battlefield. he will eat everything on his plate, but in about 5 minutes flat witho...
Views: 186   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2007 10:27am
by Stanley
j
jay
my daughter refuses to go to the toilet
my daughter is 3 years old and is refusing to go a number two. she tells me that she's scared and holds it in for days at a time. i've tried laxatives and herbal remedies but she still refuses and sometimes it's a week before she relieves herself please help!!!!
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 1:44pm
by jay
l
linda
swimming class and anxiety
I have a 4 year old daughter - bright, articulate, sociable, fun, loving, confident in many situations, but has problems when leaving me in larger settings e.g. school,nursery, and now swimming class. Once she has gone "through the door", she cracks on and copes ver...
Views: 566   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 10:30am
by jane
Hurting my daughter?
Sorry, that head line seems to look like Im beating her. Well far from it, just like every thing else if you give it a good name more people will open it or take a look. And to me this is the most important part of my life! So you are not getting a storm, you are get...
Views: 291   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 11:50pm
by ellie
sleeplees bay's
I'm 42 years old & my son 25 months old he slleeps easy arround 08:30 -09:00p.m.. (He eats his supper arround 06:30-07:00 pm & drinks his milk at 08:30 he sleeps easy.) The problem is that between 12:30-3 am he wake up crying asking for his mam & he wants to hold hi...
Views: 302   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 11:40pm
by ellie
Fraternal twin 4-yr-old boyos, constant tantrums, picky dresser
Hi all. First time here. Jack and Declan are dear boys, but if everything isn't 'just so', I get immediate tantrums that last 10 minutes to an hour. Exhausting! I've tried talking to them, taking things away, rewarding good behaviour, shouting at them; nothing w...
Views: 253   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 10:40pm
by ellie
10 year old boy letting them out on their own.
Hi all, we have a 10 year old boy, great kid. but we are seeing a lot of his friends being allowed out round the local park, well away from their home area....should we be giving him more freedom...when do you let them, in a sense, roam free...
Views: 319   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 10:34pm
by Patrick
Change in behavior when changing diapers
Greetings all - I have a nine month old daughter and I am divorced. I see my daughter every 2 weeks for the weekend and one day a week on the off week. She is also cared for a night a week by her grandparents and the remainder of the time by her mother. Last week...
Views: 268   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 10:17pm
by Hemyola Shantini
a
Amanda
Does the dummy stay or go
My son now 2.5yrs still has his 'dody' for bedtime. He does ask for it during the day especially when he's tired and Daddy and I sometimes give in to stop his whinning! He sometimes wakes in the early hours asking for his 'dody' and we take it in turns to sort him o...
Views: 343   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 10:16pm
by lina
change in sleeping and feeding habbits!
hi all !! my 5 month old son has been a very good sleeper from about 3 weeks old (im talking about 13-14 hours at a time in the night) BUT all of a sudden he has started waking up at about 1am and its now happening every night. he has a bottle as well but abou...
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 10:13pm
by Hemyola Shantini
b
Brandy
Sleepless two year old.
I have a two year old son who goes to bed around 8 every night, won't take a nap and wakes up at 5am. He is grumpy all day and if I try to put him down for a nap it's a 2 hour screaming session that leaves me more frustrated than before. When he takes a nap in the ca...
Views: 164   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 10:08pm
by Hemyola Shantini
9 year old son with dyslexia
I have a 9 year old son who we think may have dyslexia or a reading disability.I have been trying to get him tested since he was in kindergarden and have been put off every year by his teachers. this year finally the have given him an assessment to see if he has a re...
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 10:06pm
by lina
My Baby is deaf :(
Hi My name is Diana and i recently had anewborn daughter Shelby. At first me and my husband thought she was the perfect child. No loud noises would startle or scare her. This went on for about several months.. until we knew something was up. http://www.edukey.net/200...
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 9:58pm
by Hemyola Shantini
k
Kate
Is my 5 year old's behaviour normal
Hello I am divorced and have a 5 year old son. His father makes sporadic, inconsistent contact with him by phone, sometimes every other day and then possibly not for a week or two. He hasn't visited for nearly a year - he lives in another town - and has had my so...
Views: 346   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 9:54pm
by lina
Beautiful and Memorable Custom DVDs From Your Photos, Graphics, and Videos-- a fantastic way to high
There’s a better way for you to show your child's journey through life than just filling up a photo album and a few video tapes... have us create a story of your child's journey on a beautiful, broadcast-quality DVD! We will take your photos and videos of your...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2007 11:44pm
by Media-Vision
interactive idea
I have been a teacher for over 24 years and I am also the mother of 2 children. I have developed some inexpensive activities that you can easily do with your children at home. Please feel free to check out these ideas at ToysandThinking@aol.com
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2007 11:32pm
by ToysandThinking
Help for Teenage mums
Following on the success of Britain's Youngest Mums and Dads documentary last year, ITV 1 is making a series on Teenage Mums. Are you a Teen Mum? Has becoming a parent changed your life? Has it been a lot harder than you thought, or has it been everything you drea...
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2007 2:46pm
by Naomi Elkin
w
winfa
daughter
My 4 yr old daughter has a habit of putting her hands in her genitals whenever she sucks her finger. My wife is quit distraught. Can anyone explain this behavior and possibly ways to deal with it.
Views: 256   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 18, 2007 11:27pm
by jessica
Step son and drugs in my house
My 16 yr old step son, who is actually not my husbands bio son, keeps bringing in and smoking pot in my house. He has been in detention centers and boy/girls homes and has stolen from my two kids and my husband and myself. He is in an alternative high school and is...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 18, 2007 8:14pm
by Lori
We dont know what to try next
We have a 12 year old boy he is shown lots of love from us and we spend time with him and do lots together. John is not the boys father and Liz and his father divorced when the boy was a baby. John met Liz when the boy was 8 and married when the boy was 10. John has...
Views: 303   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 10:07pm
by lina
j
Jeff
Any schedule ideas for weekend Dad?
Hello... I'm a divorced Dad of a beautiful (but handful) 3 (almost 4) year old - and I have her every other weekend, per my visitation schedule. Well, I'm trying NOT to be "Fun Dad". I'm trying not to be the host of my daughter's own 2-day resort where there's...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 9:59pm
by lina
l
louise
son is playing up in school
my seven year old son has allways enjoyed school does very well acidemically and his behaviour has been very good over the last week his teacher has expressed concern tat he is being disruptive not doing his work and genrally misbehaving i dont want his work or behav...
Views: 299   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 5:12pm
by louise
l
Liz
Need cheering up
Hi everyone My family are all sick, and so am I, OF THEM!!!!!!! I dont know sometimes if i am really cut out for the whole wife/mother bit. I cant stand being around moping sick people! Ewan had bad throat last week, and this week got sent home from school with im...
Views: 281   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2007 10:36pm
by lina
s
Steve
6yo boy - nightmares and sleepwalking
My 6yo son lives with my ex-wife and stays with me at weekends. We are both concerned about his nightmares and unsure about whether anything serious is wrong. We would really appreciate some advice. He seems to have very intense nightmares maybe once a week (altho...
Views: 212   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 16, 2007 8:50pm
by Steve
What to do...constant fighting
First time here, so bare with me. I'm a mom of 3, ages 13, 9 and 7. Girl, boy and girl. The two younger ones are the problem. I just don't know if I can continue being their mother. They just can't get along. Always hitting, being mean, saying mean things, scre...
Views: 319   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2007 3:21pm
by lina
j
jamie
son misses dad
my seven year old sons dad lives 3000 miles away, and the dad comes to visit my son 3 times per year. everytime he's here he buys my son bags of toys everyday, takes him to see 'R' rated movies, lets him say cuss words, and plays with him all day. he never makes him...
Views: 290   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2007 3:11pm
by lina
l
lina
divorce and impact on 9 year old boy
My ex and I separated in sept 2004. In march 2005 we tried living together again but by sept 2005 I had made the big decision to get divorced. But we did not actually live apart until March 2006...so now we have been separated for just about 1 year. We have 2 kids...
Views: 341   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 16, 2007 12:00pm
by lina
11mos 3weeks and throwing tantrums???
I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to get my daughter to stop throwing tantrums before it becomes a habit? She has recently started throwing herself backwards if she doesn't get what she wants. Is this just normal behavior or what? I have no idea what to do...
Views: 257   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 16, 2007 11:12am
by Loren
Bring Back Ellen's Acres Campaign
Hello Everyone, I’m starting this campaign to save “Ellen’s Acres.” I learned about this fabulous show from a good friend of mine. She kept telling me how her toddlers eyes were glued to the television watching a new program called “...
Views: 220   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 15, 2007 9:41pm
by carsaso55
r
Ruth
alienated 9 yr old girl
My daughter is a very lively young girl who goes out of her way to try and be friends with everybody. She usually makes friends very quickly e.g on holiday, play areas etc. But over the last few months I have noticed and she has complained that children at school and...
Views: 250   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 15, 2007 9:47am
by Keeley
j
Jason
9 year old curious about sex
I am concerned about my 9 year old son, he is allowed to go on the internet at home although he is strictly monitored on messenger, child game sites and cheat code sites for his x –box. Today he was permitted to go on the internet at SCHOOL, pear pressure invol...
Views: 337   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 14, 2007 6:17pm
by Jason
7 year old problems
Never tried this before so here goes. My 7 year old son has started having trouble sleeping. Most nights he can't go to sleep because he thinks he'll have a nightmare (I'm not sure he entirely understands nightmares). When he does go to sleep he then wakes up ever...
Views: 272   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 14, 2007 11:57am
by louise gray
k
katie
help
What age are my children most likely to be affected by television?
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 14, 2007 11:33am
by jen
Granddaughter attacking with scratching and biting for no apparent reason very moody
18month baby girl chloe scratching other kids and adults faces with a nasty temper ideas anyone thanks
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 10:56pm
by john bell
e
emma
my 3 year old
my 3 year old daughter has become very quiet nothing has happened at home i even asked her school teachers but they just said she is a quiet child that it is just a phase she must be going through any help on this many thanks
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 10:15pm
by Amanda
How do I get my child to tell me what happened?
Yesterday morning when I was getting my daughter dressed for kindergarten, she told me that she had decided she was not going to use the bathroom with her classmate Korrine anymore. I asked her why and she said because she always wants me to do yucky stuff and I don...
Views: 265   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 8:51pm
by Joanne
l
Lou
End of my tether!
Anyone familiar with 'childhood anxiety separation disorder'? My 9yr old son has not left my side since last september! I just cant see an end to it. He isnt in school at the moment. We are waiting for an appointment with the child phsychologist at the moment.
Views: 238   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 8:29pm
by Lou
bad behaviour
Hi, everybody need some tip top advice on how too get my 17month old baby boy to listen to the word no, we are having the terrible twos very early, he just wont be told no for anything from no too smacking to no to climbing onto the the top of the television, if ther...
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 6:27pm
by Amanda
h
Heidi
Young baby won't settle - help!
My 2 week old baby boy will not settle himself to sleep in his cot. We have tried everything - womb music, mother's T shirt in cot, staying with him and patting him, reassuring etc, going in every 10 mins, leaving him for half an hour (unless he gets really distresse...
Views: 289   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 4:35pm
by Heidi
SUPERNANNY
Supernanny is back and she’s on a mission to help tackle some of the difficult issues facing modern families… ٠Are you a newly merged family struggling to make your extended family relationships work? ٠ Are you a single Dad or Stay at ho...
Views: 284   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 11:01am
by kandy robinson
d
Denise
Teen & Alcohol & Marijuana
Hi, All ... My 14 yr. old son started smoking pot and drinking. He has been honest about it with me. I have made it clear it is not acceptable, not allowed, won't be tolerated. I told him he is not to bring anything in out home .. not to come home drunk or high. I...
Views: 221   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 11:46pm
by ellie
j
jenn
sibling rivalry
help!I'm having trouble with a 7yr old adhd child and his 3 yr old sister.The battle never ends.They are in constant high energy fighting,running,hitting,kicking and agravating each other.nothing seems to work and all I'm getting is a lot of tantrums and headaches. A...
Views: 277   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 11:44pm
by Denise
n
Naomi
Morning sickness effecting daughter
I have a daughter who is now 15 months old. I am expecting my second child, I am 10 months pregnant and I am suffering from nausea every day to the extent that I have no energy for my daughter. I hand her over to my husband and grandparents to look after every day. I...
Views: 249   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 11:24pm
by Amanda
Is it possible to potty train my 1 year old daughter?
My husband says she is too little to comprehend the meaning of sitting on the potty. She had a stomach bug which left her with a horrible diaper rash so i went out and bought her some panties. She woke up dry for 3 days. I would really like to try sitting her on the...
Views: 274   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 11:19pm
by Joanne
t
Tara
What would you do if...
I took my two kids (age 1&4), out for lunch today. When we were getting ready to leave an old women came over to see my girls and was talking to them and the ussual stuff. Then she said good bye and before she left she kissed my kids. I found this odd and washed the...
Views: 329   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 11:15pm
by Joanne
t
TM
Don't be afraid to say 'NO' and mean it!
One more 'sore subject' for my husband and I is the lack of discipline children get today. It's not rocket science. You don't barter with a 3 year old. They mind you or ELSE. The worst kids in the WORLD are the one's whos parents think that spanking is a ver...
Views: 314   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 11:12pm
by Joanne
im a failure
hi can anyone help i feel a complete failure as a mother i have a 4 yr old girl whose very head strong her behaviour recently is really testing me and putting a great strain on my relationship with my partner which i have another daughter aged 15months. she has re...
Views: 332   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 10:32pm
by Joanne
s
Simon
My 7 yr old wants to kill herself
Just recently my 7 yr old daughter has started to say that she wants to kill herself and she wishes she was dead. This has concerned me a lot. Should I worry or is it just attention seeking. Am I best to talk to her about it or ignore it and hope it goes away. I am w...
Views: 271   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 3:14pm
by Mary
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Free Forum powered by Bravenet