Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
sara
bully???
My daughter who is 7 plays with a little girl in our street who is 5 the other day my daughter had a friend from school for her tea when later on the little girl out the street came calling for my daughter to play out but my daughter did not want to go out as she had...
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 9:19pm
by ellie
l
Lisa
My 6 year old Daughter telling lies
Can anyone tell me why my 6 year old Daughter tells lies ? Mostly the lies are about things thathave happened at school or possibly what someone has said etc. I have tried to talk to her and tell her it's wrong, as it could possibly get people into trouble over what...
Views: 329   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 2:18pm
by Jen
6 year old boy
what do i do about my 6 year old brother. i dont live with my mom anymore but i babysit my brother while she works. we only live a couple doors down so he's here every day. i have a 2 year old daughter and he's horrible to her. he teaches her bad things and she does...
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 7:42am
by Hemyola Shantini
s
Susan
My 5 year old has lost her confidence
My 5 year old has gone from a happy confident little girl to a nervous wreck outside the home in a matter of weeks. She didnt feel well after eating out one day (not connected to the food) and ever since then she has lost total confidence with every social situation...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 7:40am
by Hemyola Shantini
l
LAGS
3 year old son hurts me
My three year old son hurts me. Mostly in the evenings, he will hit me, throw things at me, hit me in the head with a toy, bite me, etc. He thinks it is fun. He rarely does this to his father. We respond by taking away the toy he used to hit me with, my getti...
Views: 284   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 8:50pm
by LAGS
8 year old
Does anyone have any ideas. I have an 8 year old daughter who is an only child at the moment she has friends who seem to be able to do what they like and say, unfortunatly sometimes they swear and say nasty things which she seems to think she is capable of doing with...
Views: 306   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 13, 2007 4:39pm
by Matt
f
Fiona
my daughter is too hard on herself
My 8 year old daughter is so hard on herself when things don't work out perfectly. I've always praised and encouraged her, but the slightest criticism from me (or anyone else) has her in tears - literally beating herself up for not being good enough. She's fine...
Views: 293   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 13, 2007 3:16pm
by Fiona
m
Mar
comfortable clothing
My child complains every morning about her clothing; her socks are bumpy, pants too tight, shoes hurt etc., I do know how to deal with it. Everything fits!
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2007 7:37pm
by Liz
Hair Growth
I am extemely worried about my little girl's hair. She is five years old and her hair is extremely thin and just does not grow! She is becomming very upset and doesn't even want to go to parties because she is the only girl with short hair. I can't seem to find an...
Views: 184   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2007 7:28pm
by Liz
2 year old will not sleep. Any ideas?
I have a 2 year old boy who has never slept through the night. It is a war everynigt to get him to sleep in his own bed and if by some miracle he does fall asleep in his bed he only stays there an hour or two if I am lucky. I don't know what to do.
Views: 233   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 12, 2007 3:07pm
by Mar
l
lornam
6 year olds obsession with killing/ fighting games
hi getting slightly worried. i have a 6 year old who is the most very well behaved. BUT He constantly wants to buy guns/ knives(toys only)when chosen a toy, and struggles to pick a toy that has no weapons. and always wants to play fighting games(computer), a...
Views: 253   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 9:06am
by jessica
Toddlers' Sleeping Problems
Hi! I have a son of 4 yr old. He's been having troubles sleeping in his own room. He says he's scared of the dark. We always leave the night light on, but it doesnt seem to help at all. Does anyone ever have the same experience? Any idea why that happens (why the nig...
Views: 283   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 9:02am
by jessica
c
cindy
confused about 14 yr old daughter
I have a 14 yr old daughter that has recently decided to stay with her dad. Her dad and grandma sent her off and would not tell me where or with who she was. I know she's ok, but I think grandma is encouraging her to do this. I have not heard from her in 2 weeks. I f...
Views: 300   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 8:53am
by jessica
t
Tammyt
Terrible fives....impatient parents...Help!
I am a concerned aunt of a 5-year-old girl whose family (there's Mom, Dad and 3 mo. old baby) is living in the same house as my parents. The situation is getting worse everyday. She has behavior issues, throws tantrums when she doesn't get her way, which at times can...
Views: 317   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 12:30am
by ellie
n
nadia
my io year old daughter
my io year old daughter is an absoulete nightmare as she as got older she as got worse she dosent eat proper food she has the worst temper tantrums if shes not getting her own way or someone else is getting the attention she will sit and punch herself or headbut the...
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 9, 2007 1:13pm
by cindy
behavior problems
Hi I have an 8 year old son who has had behavior problems since the age of 3. He has problems still with soiling himself, he has problems with agression to the point of biteing kicking and genaral abuse, non stop talking and and fidgets about to the point of not b...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 9, 2007 6:35am
by aerin
Going Crazy - Need help!!!
Okay.. I need help and need to know how to handle this... I have two daughters, ages 2 and 4. They constantly fight with each other and the two year old constantly follows me around crying and whining that she wants "uppey". I work a full time position Monday throu...
Views: 329   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 9, 2007 5:46am
by aerin
g
Gail
3 year old is being sneaky
My 3 year old grandson has started sneaking. An example of this would be going into the pantry, taking a box of cookies and then hiding somewhere to eat them. He is not denied cookies but knows he can't have the whole box at one sitting. His parents and I think t...
Views: 249   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 7:26pm
by ellie
Daughter and lying
I am a step parent of a 15 year old daughter. The past 2 years we have home schooled her due to her not being compliant at school, stealing, lying, totalling obscessed with boys. Stated the only reason for her to go to school was for her friends. Now that she has...
Views: 275   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 4:09pm
by ellie
throwing fits and hitting
My daughter is 3 and I am a single parent. She wines and throws fits and hit me also other people like if she goes to dance or the mcdonalds play area. I have no idea how to control this. Nothing seems to work. Please help me, i am si imbarrassed to go anywhere with...
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 10:53am
by ellie
l
Linda
Her best friend is in a different class
My 4 year old daughter's best friend is in the year below - they are only three months apart but my daughter is an August child. I am worried because my daughter and her friend are inseparable at school (they are in the same class for this year only) and I am concer...
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 10:40am
by ellie
j
Jodi
Step Child out of control!!!
I am going to try to sum all of this up as shortly as possible. I have a 10 year old step daughter. She has major behavior problems examples; stealing from me her father grandmother and stores, she tells adults (father,strangers) to Shut UP, calls people (complete st...
Views: 271   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 9:17pm
by cindy
j
Joanne
Interfering grandparents
Hi there everyone, my problem is my in laws, well my Mil mainly, she always makes me feel like I'm not capable of looking after my girls ( I know I am )but that she's better than me , like we had snow the other day and she phoned up worried ''are the kids alright?,...
Views: 180   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 8:43pm
by cindy
l
Lisa
Very 'Mouthy' 12 yr old boy
Any advice on how to help a very verbal/sometimes rude 12 year old boy. The only thing that gets him in trouble - daily - is his smart mouth. My husband and I have looked at our behaviour and tried to correct our smart mouths - although we are not smart to the kids...
Views: 375   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 8:16pm
by cindy
a
Amber
scared mom 10 yr old son - out of control
my son is a delight most of the time, but when he gets to school everything goes down hill. i was on the phone for 40 mins with him and teacher while i was at work today. they cannot get him to do his work. the school called the police to come and get him for shoving...
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 8:13pm
by cindy
my 9yr old is driving us mad
how do we stop him from harming our animals and my 7 month old when our backs are turned, his lies and behaviour are breaking our family apart.
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 2:35pm
by janette
6 1/2 Year old is confused and has negative outlook on things
Hi: I'm not sure if this is a normal thing but I've recently noticed negative behaviour in my daughter who is six and a half years old (seven in two months). I don't even know how to explain it. She always looks mad and i've tried talking to her but have had no l...
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 6, 2007 11:03pm
by ellie
l
Liz
I think I may have messed up...
Hi Ladies and Gents, hope everyone is doing ok. I need some advice. During this stressful run-up to the allocated secondary school annoucements, I have been putting a lot of emphasis on hard work with my DS, and been trying to encourage him to do his best at schoo...
Views: 301   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2007 10:38pm
by ellie
k
Kendra
6 year old daughter
My 6 yr. old daughter told her teacher that she wanted to shoot herself in the head. Any ideas on what I can do or if I should take her to see a psychologist?
Views: 249   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 6, 2007 10:07pm
by Liz
s
sherry
5th grade blues!
Okay I pretty much have decided that I don't know what I'm doing with my youngest daughter. I met with her teaches early in the school year. I have a kid who just lies about school work and pretty much everything else. The teachers have decided that I look at my d...
Views: 243   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 6, 2007 7:09pm
by cindy
j
Jill
Punishment for an 8 year old?
My daughter lied to her teacher and to us. We found out after calling her teacher. Lately she has tried to get away with little lies and nothing has work for discipline. So after this big lie, we took her out of gymnastics and said we would consider signing her up ag...
Views: 295   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2007 6:50pm
by cindy
t
terri
sharing a room opposite sex children
I have two children a girl that is four and a boy that is five. we have very limited space and I am wondering if it is still approiate for them to share a room
Views: 299   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 4, 2007 3:11am
by Hemyola Shantini
v
Vicki
Bed wetting
HELP!! My 4 yr old son has been wetting his bed constantly for the last 5 months. He had a bad cold when it first started, which we said was probably causing it. On average, his sheets & pyjamas are changed 3 times per night. It is beyond a joke now and we're to...
Views: 248   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 4, 2007 3:04am
by Hemyola Shantini
tips or activities for younger kids they can do with parents at home instead of seting them in front
I have a three kids and there all under the age of three.When I leave for work in the morning there wacthing tv with there dad and when I return there doing the same thing. They have play time and story time during the day I know of but I wanted tips on thing they ca...
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2007 4:47pm
by jennifer
y
yb
dishwasher helper
hi does anyone else have a "little helper" at home who insists on helping you load and unload the dishwasher? if you do, what gadgets or tips have you found that help? do you have pets that do the same thing? currently i have to put my son in his highchai...
Views: 283   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 1, 2007 5:24pm
by Brandy
My troubled 6 year old
Hi My 6 year old little girls father split up when she was only 6 months old and has had a step father my now husband for the last 5.5 years of her life and they get on great. My problem is that when she goes to visit the other family ie his mother on the weekends sh...
Views: 213   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 1, 2007 2:50pm
by Ang
l
Liz
This BUGS me!!!!
Hi gang, I was hearing some readers at school today, and one of the girls was literally CRAWLING with lice! I thought she had a greenfly in her hair, til I looked closer and saw loads and loads of creeping beasties. I noticed some weeks ago this girl had nits...
Views: 336   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 28, 2007 9:10pm
by ellie
k
karthi
Hi
hi Therapy for Teeth grinding. Please advice
Views: 248   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2007 9:02pm
by ellie
r
Ruby
getting my three year old to walk and not insist to be carried
I need adcice on how to get my three year old daughter to walk and not be carried. She really must feel secure being carried. IfI do not carry her she puts on a huge fight and tantrum. please help with any ideas or tips, my back is really starting to ache!! Thanks
Views: 306   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 27, 2007 9:34pm
by Hemyola Shantini
My 7 year old daughter wants to wear the same pants every day...
My lucky daughter has a lot of clothes but she refuses to wear anything other than jeans. Ok, I got through that, now she is going behind my back, rifling through the dirty clothes to pick out her wardrobe. There are, maybe 3 shirts she will wear and even though sh...
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 27, 2007 9:32pm
by Hemyola Shantini
r
rehana
my 8yr old !!!
Hy.just cant seem to get anywhere as far as discipline is concerned with my 8yr old dsaughter.meal times are srtill a traumatic experince ...too much talk and shouting at the table.She just isnt time conscius about school or any other activity. There is a set routine...
Views: 325   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 27, 2007 1:01pm
by rehana
j
Jen
Help with Potty Training Boy!!
Hello All! My son will be three in a few weeks, and we are having the hardest time getting him to use the toilet. He has successfully gone number 1 on three occasions spanning the past few months. When he has gone, we have praised and rewarded him as all get out....
Views: 303   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 26, 2007 5:55pm
by sherry
k
Kara
My 5 year old stealing
I'm a 21 year old mother of 3 from Australia who has always tried to do the best by her kids. My son is celiac & is also lactose intolerent to boot. He has just started school & taking other childerns food. I can understand why as he has 50 other kids sitting out...
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 26, 2007 1:48am
by Hemyola Shantini
s
sara
no control of 2 year old
I really need advice about my two year old who is out of control and i do not know how i should check her.It is mainly when we are in the house with her sisters she runs around wild shouting ,screaming she is having fun but she is so loud all the time.If i shout at h...
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 26, 2007 1:42am
by Hemyola Shantini
my two and half year old problems at school
hi my two and half year old is behaving oddly at school.he does not mix with children stands away from others and sometimes cries.he was not that some time before.can nebody help rashmi and sanjeev
Views: 272   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 25, 2007 5:56pm
by sara
t
thea
smacking mummy in the face
my 15month old girl has just started to smack me in the face. she seems to find this highley amusing. Can anyone tell me if this is just a stage or how to tackle it??? I tell her NO and keep a straight face as she is chuckling but she just thinks that it is a gam...
Views: 288   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 25, 2007 12:36am
by Hemyola Shantini
c
Clair
eight year old daughter
hi, I have a beautiful eight year old daughter who is my whole world and I love her very much- but I am absolutely at the end of my tether. She refuses to sleep out at relatives- including her fathers who i am no longer with. I have a two hour break every week(which...
Views: 280   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 25, 2007 12:26am
by Hemyola Shantini
s
Sylvia
My 4-year-old wants everything done his way
I have a delightful 4-year-old, very affectionate, extremely charming and usually very mellow. But if you break one of his routines only the slightest bit, he often has a complete meltdown... from how we brush his teeth to how to prepare his cereal. It amazes me sinc...
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 25, 2007 12:13am
by Hemyola Shantini
3 year old doesn't want to go to school.
My son, who was 3 last November, started school part-time in January. He loved it, even wanted to go on a Saturday & Sunday, & couldn't wait to go full-time. Then the teacher told us there was no full-time places, so he'd have to go just mornings until September. Now...
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 24, 2007 9:37pm
by linda
my 9yr old daughter
can anyone help me as i am desperate?my 9yr old daughter is becoming a problem,the trouble started about 3yrs ago.she will not go to sleep at bedtime,i have tried every thing i can think of,she used to read before going to sleep and that helped but this only lasted a...
Views: 337   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 11:10pm
by lina
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Free Forum powered by Bravenet