Start a New Topic 
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
selfishness
My 10 year old daughter is becoming very selfish. what can i do to encourage her to be aware of other family and friends needs and how much her behaviour can hurt others.
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 14, 2007 11:49pm
by Hemyola Shantini
b
becca
My little ones are a hand full PLEASE HELP
I honstly do not know where to start so i will try my best to explain my situation.I have two daughters a 1 year old and a 2 year old and i feel that i have no control at all over them .They both constantly fight for my attention ,from the moment they wake up in the...
Views: 330   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 14, 2007 4:46am
by Hemyola Shantini
l
Liz
Sick kids,and water fountains in schools
Hi ladies and gents, I'm so frustrated. My little boy has had diarrhoea and vomiting for 7 days off and on. He picked it up at school before they broke up, his class had ten kids absent with the same thing! He has lost weight, his little legs have gone all skinny...
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 14, 2007 4:33am
by Hemyola Shantini
My aggressive 8 year old
Please I need some help! I have 2 sons aged 8 and 9. At school they are both little angels and at school do not step out of line - ever! The 9 year old is generally well behaved and only occasionally needs reprimanding for his 'attitude'.He is his brothers punch bag...
Views: 307   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2007 9:57pm
by Hemyola Shantini
t
Tina
Help with Tall Tales
My 9 year old step-daughter has a habit of telling tall tales. She told me one the other day, involving herself in a situation where she "stuck 10 ear plugs in her nose"...it was obviously untrue. I appreciate her active imagination, and some of the stories are quite...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2007 7:22pm
by Tina
too affectionate to big stuffed animal
My 5 yr old Grandaughter likes to hump her big stuffed animal..she will lay on it..and seems to go into a trance and to me it looks like she is making love to it...I know that adolesence is aproaching and I only had three boys but do girls do this? Doesn't seem natur...
Views: 282   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2007 6:21pm
by Jancie Abidi
9YO BOY TRUTH OR DARE W/7YO BOY
MY 9 YO SON WAS PLAYING TRUTH OR DARE WITH A 7 YO NEIGHBOR BOY DURING A SLEEP OVER. ACCORDING TO THE NEIGHBOR'S SON THE DARES BECAME PERVERSE AND CONSISTED OF LICKING PERSONAL AREAS. IS THIS NORMAL CURIOSITY AND I JUST NEED TO HAVE A SERIOUS MORAL TALK WITH HIM. I F...
Views: 334   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 12, 2007 1:01pm
by Liz
a
alexa
7 yr. old son behavior
Hello. I have a 7 yr old son who is a great student, athlete, and overall great child, but at home he doesn't listen to what we ask of him, says in a second, shows respect on and off, thinks he knows everything (we are always wrong), and doesn't appreciate all he has...
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2007 7:43am
by Hemyola Shantini
4 year old not very friendly
My DS turned 4 a couple of months ago and I've noticed that he is becoming more and more unsocial as time goes on. Maybe it's a shyness thing but he is like this with close friends as well. When people ask him if he wants to play, he says "NO!" very rudely and I...
Views: 268   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 11, 2007 10:24pm
by Nicki B
3.5yr old jealous of newborn, v bad behaviour & aggression
Hi, can anyone help? i have a boy who is 3.5 yrsold and a 4 week old girl. For the last 2 weeks my son has turned into a monster its so sad. He is being nasty to everyone, rude, threatening to hit or throw things at us, and v clingy to me. We tried everything and he...
Views: 241   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 10, 2007 8:08pm
by Amanda
Calling all Nursery Nurses & Nannies
Hello there, I am trying to start a NurseryNurse Chat Community called www.Nurserynurseforum.com I would be really gratful if you would have a look and make some new friends
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 10, 2007 7:43pm
by NurseryNurseForu...
j
jude
my son
i am having problems with my sons behaviour. he is just turned 3 yrs. he has been fairly well behaved til now. all of a sudden he is naughty and defiant and totally a law unto himself. he will not listen or obey me 9 times out of ten. its really getting to me as i ha...
Views: 315   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 10, 2007 7:10pm
by Amanda
im worried about my son and drugs
hi everybody i come across this website by accident and i hope u could help me with my problem. My 15 year old son is doing drugs and sleeping with loads of girls and im worried that he will end up dead or in prison. i no it doesnt sound like im a good mum but i have...
Views: 281   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 4:43pm
by emma gold
Blended Family
Hi there...I have a blended family, and I need advice on how to get my new husband to control his temper when dealing with my 4 children. They accept them as their father, but my 8 year old doesn't respect him like one. My four year old is sometimes scared of him, be...
Views: 362   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 4:07pm
by cindy
Eating Problems
Please help! My 11 month old girl has just started refusing her food. She was a brilliant eater and would eat anything and everything. But now she just spits it out (except ice cream!) I have tried giving her jars, giving her varied home cooked food, giving her pu...
Views: 321   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 3:35am
by Hemyola Shantini
k
kate
biting 2.5yr old about to get excluded from nursery!
I have a 2.5yr old boy and an 8 month old girl, since the arrival of the baby my son has started biting, we initially treated this as attention seeking and did all the usual techniques to combat this, naughty chair, not rewarding with attention etc. At nursery a spec...
Views: 373   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 3:32am
by Hemyola Shantini
l
Linda
Arguing, fighting & disrespectful
I'm a mother to 4 children (my 2 oldest are my step children) their ages 13yr girl, 10yr boy, 4yr girl & 1yr girl. I have been with my partner 7 years, my step children's mother passed away 9 1/2 years ago. The 2 older children have always battled with each other i t...
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 3:27am
by Hemyola Shantini
Please help - advice needed 18 year old out of control.
Please help - we can't cope anymore. This message is regarding my boyfriends brother - i'm not his parent clearly - however due to the fact my boyfriends mum died last year we have become very responsable for him. He is uncontrollable - swearing, abusive - verbally...
Views: 250   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 3:23am
by Hemyola Shantini
m
Mona
My son had an erection
My 12 year old son came into the bathroom when I was in the shower. He undressed and joined me in the shower. I noticed that he looked down between my legs and suddenly had an erection. I didn't know how to react, so I just pretended not to see it. Have any of you e...
Views: 361   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 6, 2007 5:32pm
by Megan
a
Ang
baby
just to let you all know ,we had a lovely baby girl last wednesday morning at 5 a.m 7ld 12.mum and baby doing fine.thanks everyone.
Views: 289   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 4, 2007 4:21pm
by Ang
j
Jo
showing affection to teens
I'm an affectionate mom of 2 young teens. if I try for a hug or pek they tense up or push away whining... "mom!" I grab a hug anyway. How can I get a hug? How come they won't give me a pek before leaving? I want this from my guys.
Views: 295   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 3, 2007 3:28am
by Roger
j
jane
2 1/2 year old
my 2 year old daughter is driving me bonkers.since she was ill a month ago she is having the most terrible tantrums and i cant do anything with her.it is mainly at bed time, she wont let her father do anything mammy has to do it all. i havent given in to her in the h...
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 2, 2007 9:37pm
by Anita
s
sara
My husband
I have three children which as a mother i love them all the same i never buy one without buying the other i think that is the way it should be.My problem is my husband with our middle daughter who is 3 to me he seems to show her less affection than the other two.We h...
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 2, 2007 2:46pm
by Liz
7 year old regresses to "baby" voice
Hello, I have been looking everywhere on the web for a situation like mine but I can't seem to find one so I thought I would post it here and see if anyone has any suggestions. I have a 7 year old boy. He often talks in a "baby" voice when he is communicating....
Views: 228   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2007 9:09am
by Catriona
a
Ang
late birth
hi.angela,my partner is now 40 weeks plus 2 days! no signs of labor yet. shes getting very concerned because her last baby was 2weeks late and she was told the baby was lucky to survive as the placenta had almost died.she has told the midwife all about this,however h...
Views: 260   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 30, 2007 9:07am
by Catriona
Behaviour problems at school
I have a nearly seven year old boy and for the last three years we having been battling with 3 out of four teachers about our sons disruption in class. Out of the three noone seems to be able to offer us any solutions to this on going problem we now a very unhappy bo...
Views: 319   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 29, 2007 9:38am
by Yvonne Southey
r
Rob
Stubborn and difficult three year old - help!
Hello Wonder if anyone has any advice they can give my wife or I on what to do with our extremely stubborn and difficult three year old son? We have 2 boys, 3 and 5. The 5 year old is very easy going and happy to go with the flow. The 3 year old is the complete...
Views: 318   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 4:41pm
by Rob
out of control
The plan was to move abroad with our three children and another on the way to relieve the stress my husband was under with work. He was to commute from the UK for a year or so and finally join us in our new home. However, this did not go to plan and after many p...
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2007 9:31pm
by ellie
Worried
My almost 4 year old little girl has started biting her fingernails since her baby brother was born 2 months ago. She loves him and there is no obvious jealousy; I have been through this before when she was born; so I feel like I know what to do; but she is still ha...
Views: 291   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 27, 2007 10:42am
by ellie
Early OCD & Anxiety Disorder - please help
My 5 year old has shown obsessive tendencies since she was at least a year old but we ruled them out as "what babies do". Thing is, it's getting more and more obvious that she has anxiety issues and shows very clear signs of obsessive compulsive disorder. I want to...
Views: 203   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 26, 2007 3:03pm
by Marlene
a
Amber
7 yr old wets @school
My seven year old daughter potty trained well and never had accidents until she started Kindergarten last year. It was happening only at recess because she didn't want to come inside and take off her snow gear to go to the bathroom. After the 5th time or so, if she...
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 3:51pm
by Amber
a
Amanda
Son seems obsessed by breasts
My son who is 2yrs 8mths was nosying in one of my books 'NCT Complete Book of Babycare' and he constantly asks me to show him the page where a lady is demonstrating how to express her breastmilk. I first thought it funny but now I'm needing reassurance that this is n...
Views: 302   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 12:52pm
by Liz
Stepdaughter
I just found out that my step daughter no longer has a bed at her mothers house. Her mother doesnt like to sleep alone so they sleep together. They have been doing this for a year. Is this unhealthy as she is almost 14 years old?
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 11:46am
by ellie
being a young dad at 16
hi im 16 years old and i come across this website by accident and it really seems to help so i wanted peoples advise. as you no im 16 and i have a child me and my girl friend are very happy and we wanted this child i no people think we are young but we love eachother...
Views: 281   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 6:11am
by Amber
e
Em
Teen breakup
My son who is 15 broke up with his girlfriend. Sh begged and plaeded to stay with him and it has been none stop pressure from her. her parents even ganged up on my son to stay with her if you can believe that. I told my son to expect this kind of behaviour in a br...
Views: 235   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 12:55am
by Amanda
h
hayley
sleeping problems
my 2yr old wont sleep all night im up 3 or 4 times a nite ive tried everything i can think of any1 with any ideas please get in touch would be very grateful thanx
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 10:49pm
by hayley
aggressive behavior
We are not sure how do handle our son's behavior these days. He is six and is in Kindergarten. He started out the year not wanting to go to school at all - crying and throwing up everyday, not eating.....you get the picture now, right?! Anyway, now he loves school,...
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 10:25pm
by Heidi Tanner
12 YEAR OLD NEED ADVICE
I have a 12 year old son who I am scared is going to go down the wrong paths.He has a bad attitude,talks in class,has colourful lanugae.When I look back at baby books that I filled in he's been swearing since the age of 3.I have grounded him,smacked him,taken things...
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 12:01pm
by ellie
l
laura
parenting advice on play time
Should you let your child 7 and up play in his/her room with their friend/s with the door closed or open? And what are the pros/and cons of this? Would either one lead to future issues? all advice will be greatly appreciated
Views: 302   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 10:00am
by Matt
a
Arney
Wetting - 4 1/2 yrs old
HI Any suggestions here, my daughter has been wetting/soiling on & off for ages. I have tried rewards etc, but now her school have suggested we visit the GP /get some medication. I am still not so sure of that & would rather try natural remedies rather than any me...
Views: 298   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 11:09pm
by Liz
4 year olds behaviour problem
help! how can i get my naughty 4 yr old to behave and listen to me!
Views: 322   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 6:04pm
by Ann price
desperate parent!!!
since having my child 4 years ago I have never really had any routine with him. He falls alseep on my lap in the chair in front of the tv, and my hubby carries him to bed. In the middle of the night he gets up and climbs into our bed! we are both working parents and...
Views: 333   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 6:03pm
by Ann price
g
gcook
teen age daughters - HELP!!!!!
Is it too late to get help for my teenaged daughters (12 & 14)? I've been inconsistent with discipline all their lives, and now I'm paying for it with disrespect, attitude, behavior issues (mostly at home, in school, they are angels, talking back, etc. It makes lif...
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 12:45am
by Hemyola Shantini
toddler has no independence!! - very drained.
HI, I have a 2 year old son who is draining me!!! I need help and some advise on how to get him to achieve some independence..He will not play alone at all, its not like we dont spend time with him. Its all day long and if you go to do something like wash dishes are...
Views: 170   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 12:42am
by Hemyola Shantini
d
diane
12yr old daughter hates herself
Hi Im new here amd very worried about my daughter.I have 4 children 3 boys aged 20,17 and 6.My daughter is 12 and for as long as i can remember has had a problem with her temper and moods.She has been pyhsicly abusive to other children at school (never to me or her...
Views: 173   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 12:37am
by Hemyola Shantini
l
Lee
A Grandparent problem
Hi, I know this is a message board for parents with problems relating to children, but apart from my problems with my son, I also have a problem with my in-laws. My husband asked them yesterday if they would look after our children in July when we are due to go to...
Views: 289   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 12:34am
by Hemyola Shantini
12 year old and 6 year old boys bickering is taking its toll
My 12 year old and 6 year old boys bicker all day long I am feeling out of control and can't deal with them any more, I also have a 2 year old daughter.. I am also trying to deal with the death of my son which was 3 years ago on the 9th March, his birthday was on the...
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 17, 2007 2:04am
by ellie
a
amina
i need help
my 11 year old daughter is driving me mad. she lies to get attention, is disrespectful and is behaving badly at school. she has been having therapy as a result of sexual abuse when she was 5 but this has stopped a few months ago. she says shes unhappy and angry all t...
Views: 351   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 16, 2007 4:22pm
by Angela
l
louise
6yr old expelled from school
My son is 6 this friday and today as been expelled from school for 1 week he has had aggressive behaviour in school before and swearing, but yesterday he pushed a girl over and asked her for a sh"g, he has told me he seen a other boy doing this outside on garden. I j...
Views: 340   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 11:36pm
by Nicki B
l
Lee
5 year old with possible Aspergers and behavior worsening....
Hi all, My 5 year old son is awaiting a diagnosis of possible Aspergers/mild Autism but lately his behaviour is worsening. His school are great and really supportive of his needs and don't treat him just as 'the naughty boy' which is wonderful. However, my son...
Views: 297   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 9:55pm
by ellie
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Free Forum powered by Bravenet