Return to Website

Southern Maryland Live Music Events Calendar

Welcome to: Southern Maryland Music Online's Live Music Events Calendar. This messageboard is specifically designed for Bands and Musicians to post their upcoming events schedule for general audiences to "view". This messageboard is moderated by Southern Maryland Music Online. Any posts that are not directly related to a band or musicians performance schedule of events, WILL BE DELETED IMMDIATELY!

Southern Maryland Live Music Events Calendar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Miché Fambro to perform at BrewHouse Live! (Dinner and a show for $20!)

Miché is an extraordinary guitarist/vocalist who has been drawing growing attention throughout the region. Audiences, reviewers and radio stations are discovering a musician with both talent and character. Miché is not only an exceptional performer but a fabulous entertainer as well. He thoroughly enjoys what he does and that enjoyment reaches out to audiences and draws them into the magic of the event.

Senior Editor, David Fricke, of Rolling Stone Magazine calls Miché a “quiet storm…” For people who recognize master musicianship, they are mesmerized by his unique, complex, energetic guitar technique. For those who are moved by rich, fluid vocals, Miché offers his original songs in a crooning style that effortlessly dances where he leads. And, for those who just want to be entertained, Miché stirs up an unusually broad mix of flavors – Flamenco pop, Latin Soul, Acoustic Folk and Jazz and memorable stories – all for the sheer joy of the moment. His shows are exceedingly well crafted and professionally prepared while allowing the freedom for spontaneous musical moments as he responds to the audience. Each show is fresh and unique.

This is what Jim Turner, musician and owner of BrewHouse Live, had to say about Miché’s last performance at his venue, “Miché is extremely innovative - - a truly gifted acoustic artist.”

Here are what fans are saying about Miché:

…‘‘He’s all the greats rolled into one,” said voice teacher and music therapist, Joyce Whitney Pfanschmidt. ‘‘I love the quality of his voice. He really connected with the audience…It’s healing,” Pfanschmidt added. ‘‘It’s his spirit and his soul.”

…Allison Robinson of Prince Frederick said she saw Fambro a few days prior to Saturday’s concert at a performance in a restaurant and bar in Prince George’s County. ‘‘I am speechless,” Robinson said. ‘‘I saw Miché perform in Upper Marlboro and it was just such beautiful music I wanted to see him again. The music was very emotional."

…Theresa York of Chesapeake Beach said she was still trying to decide which member of the band was cuter but she also said she loved watching Fambro perform. ‘‘When you watch him it’s like there are three musicians in one,” York said. ‘‘It’s incredible.”

Helenmary Ball and her husband Julian, both of Owings, said they enjoyed the concert very much.

…‘‘It’s absolutely incredible,” Helenmary Ball said. ‘‘I was blown away. I was surprised by his sense of humor and incredible range.”

…‘‘I think it’s awesome,” said Steve Hurley of Owings. ‘‘It’s music that everyone needs to experience because it goes deep down and touches your spirit,” Hurley said.

Miché was recently accepted for an official Performance Alley Showcase February 21-23, 2008 during the International Folk Alliance Conference in Memphis, Tennessee.

Miché has recently released a solo CD, “Café Vignettes” featuring songs and stories from the road. He has already begun work on his next recording which will showcase his original jazz repertoire.

Miché’s most recent appearances were with his jazz quartet at a premier Las Vegas style music venue in Upper Marlboro, MD; singing in front of Big Band Caliente at Anne Arundel Community College and being a featured performer in the Tidewater Friends of Folk Concert Series in Virginia Beach.

Type Of Music: Flamenco pop, Latin Soul, Acoustic Folk and Jazz

Date, Time, Location Of Performance: 12/1/2007, 7:30pm, 403 East Charles Street, La Plata, MD

For More Information, Please Contact: (301) 392-1990 or go to www.brewhouselive.com